|Address||37 Cheoldobakmulgwan-ro, Uiwang-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea||Website||www.hyundai-rotem.co.kr/Eng|
|Manufacture and operation of rolling stock and railway
systems production of ground weapon systems,
manned and unmanned weapon systems, construction of
steelmaking facilities, car manufacturing plants, and
- Hyundai Rotem is at the center of communication that
connects people to people and countries to countries
- Hyundai Rotem manages our business in railroads, plants, and defense industry. We
produce and operate railroad cars and a total railroad system. We have been
acknowledged for our technology in the defense industry such as tanks and weapons
systems, and in the plant engineering, such as iron and automobile facilities.
- Since 1977, Hyundai Rotem has operated in three important sectors of heavy industry - rolling stock and railway, heavy equipment, and plants. For almost five decades, it has contributed to the development of Korea’s key industries. The company manufactures core electric and electronic devices for rolling stock using proprietary technologies, develops ground weapon systems based on its independent R&D capacities, and also possesses the ability to produce, optimize and improve the performance of such systems.
growth aided by a
global production network
- Hyundai Rotem has exported a wide range of railroad vehicles to 35 countries across the globe. The company is further expanding its business in railway systems, which involves signaling, telecommunications, power supply and PSD systems. Hyundai Rotem’s defense industry division, known for its ground weapons systems, has successfully developed wheeled combat vehicles and has also achieved export and strategic positioning of the K2 main battle tanks.
- Taking the lead
in the global market with
- While focusing on the development of new vehicles, Hyundai Rotem has been successfully operating eco-friendly transportation systems including electrical multiple unit (EMU) high-speed trains, magnetic levitation trains (MAGLEVs), and wireless low-floor trams and is working to increase competitiveness in this field. In response to the growing international demand for high-speed trains.