- V2X, Communicating with the Road
Hyundai Motor Group has been focusing its efforts and R&D resources on the development of the next generation technologies,
based on automobile IT, such as V2X, to lead the way in future mobility innovation.
We go beyond the development of autonomous vehicles to realize complete freedom in movement for our customers,
ultimately making their life better.
- V2I (Vehicle to Infrastructure Communication) : Signal lamps about to turn
- V2V ( Vehicle to Vehicle Communication) : Approaching emergency vehicle
- V2P (Vehicle-Pedestrian Communication) : Pedestrian crossing the street in front of the vehicle
V2X (Vehicle to Everything) is a technology that allows communication between the vehicle and various elements on the road
to permit the autonomous driving of the car, including but not limited to the wireless communication between vehicles
(V2V) or vehicle and infrastructure (V2I), etc.
With the communication between vehicles, they can warn each other of any possible danger. Also, the vehicles can communicate with the infrastructure such as a parking lot or a traffic signal to learn the location of available parking spaces or changes in signal timing. This technology is recognized as one of the critical elements of total autonomous driving.
The V2X system provides awareness of surroundings in 360°by upgrading the existing key autonomous vehicle technologies such as the radar, sensors, and cameras, which will make the autonomous driving technology even more powerful.
Hyundai Motor Group expects that the amount of information to be communicated for V2X will be humongous. For this, we have been focusing our development capabilities for preliminary studies for V2X based on 5G communication. Also, we plan to advance our technologies to go from simply popping up warning messages to the drivers to actively engage in driving the car, taking over the control of the vehicle in a dangerous situation.
There is a fear of
collision with a
A car ahead is hitting
the brake suddenly.
There is a vehicle with
potential collision risks
at the junction.
ProvisiTon of traffic
signal and traffic
violation and passing
A roadwork site is
A speed-limit area is
- Warning about risks of collision with a vehicle that is
entering a junction
- Warning about a vehicle ahead that is suddenly braking.
- Junction signal information provided through the V2I
(Vehicle to Infra) system.
Provision of the current signal, signal violation warning,
and passing speed at the junction.
- Provision of the roadwork warning and information on open
lanes through V2I (Vehicle to Infra) communication
- Awareness of emergency vehicles and their approaching
directions through V2V (Vehicle to Vehicle) communication