Hyundai Steel 소개
||12, Heolleung-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Korea
||Manufacture and sales of steel products
- Find the limitless possibilities of steel,
from molten iron to automobiles
- As an eco-friendly, resource-circulation company we will lead a new era in the steel industry by providing high value-added
products and services and realizing world’ s best competitiveness based on cooperative relations with our stakeholders.
- A global steel company
committed to creating
a better future
- Hyundai Steel, Korea’s first steel manufacturer, began as Korea Heavy Industry Corporation in 1953. Hyundai Steel inaugurated its first blast furnace in January 2010, and the second furnace also went into operation in November the same year. With completion of the third blast furnace in September 2013, Hyundai Steel became a comprehensive steel manufacturer with a combined annual production capacity of 24 million tons from its blast and electric furnaces. In July 2015 the company carried out a merger with Hyundai Hysco.
- Specialized steel products
made through advanced
- Hyundai Steel is an electric arc furnace steelmaker with Korea’s largest production capacity, accounting for 40% of total domestic steel bar production. It has become the first Korean company to produce wide flange beams, angles, sheet piles, and express railway tracks, and thanks to a high level of technology has responded deftly to the varied demands for steel products. In the shipping area, Hyundai Steel has obtained mill approval from one of the world’s top ten shipping registers.
- From Korea’ s
first to the world’ s best
- Through constant new product and new technology development, and aggressive marketing, Hyundai Steel has evolved into a world-class steel company. Moreover, the company is operating all the manufacturing processes, from raw materials to finished products, in environment-friendly ways by introducing the Closed-Loop Material Processing System to prevent air pollution by fugitive dust.
In 2011, it received the Grand Award for Excellence in Sustainable Management, and was included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (Asia Pacific). Through innovation and creative change, Hyundai Steel’s history of relentless challenge will continue as the company assumes a leading role in the new era of steel.