Hi-oT, the House Gets Smarter
- What is Hi-oT?
Hi-oT is a combined word of IOT (Internet of Things) and the first initial of Hillstate, Hyundai, High-End, Hi,
and the brand name for the IoT Smart Home System of Hyundai Motor Group.
The thing that distinguishes Hi-oT the most is the connectivity with various devices and AI. Previous Hillstate properties supported smart-phone control over some of the built-in appliances, such as the lighting and boilers, etc. But, with Hi-oT, the built-in appliances in the apartment and the home appliances with IoT functionalities are connected with each other and operate autonomously.
While early smart home systems required the user to access the relevant application software, the new Hi-oT system evaluates the status of the house itself and sends heads-up signals to you first, through the Smart Home Application. Also, you can choose a specific mode that supports the batch operation of relevant functions. For example, you can choose to activate the ‘No Body at Home’ mode, and Hi-oT will autonomously turn off the lights, close the gas valve, and activate a heightened level of security. But, when you activate the ‘I’m Home’ mode, the robot cleaner will start cleaning, while the rice cooker will start the cooking routine. The air purifier will also start to work, autonomously. Literally, your home is now smarter.
A Day in Hi-oT
Sleep Mode - Sleep Mode, Sleep learning Controls the sleeping environment, Detection of Risks - Activates the security system, Shuts the gas valve off, Wake-up Alarm - Lightings on, Plays music, Cooking/coffee
Functional CCTV - Child location, Report abnormal behaviors, Nobody at Home Mode - Turns off all lights, Shuts off the gas valve, Checks for any open windows, Motion detector activated, Cleaning - Robot cleaner
- Smart Distribution Panel - Diagnosis of standby power, Realtime metering, Risk detection and warning
One-pass - EV holding, Auto opening, Parking guidance, I’m Home Mode - Activates heating and air-conditioning, Lightings on, Advises the estimated arrival time
Connected Space - Safe delivery service, Courier, food, and laundry delivery, Community - Space status information , Space reservation
- Wireless communication between all IT devices and home appliances within the property :
Remote activation of various home appliances such as an air purifier or a robot cleaner.
- Wireless communication with the energy management system of the building :
Saving the utility cost through the energy management system, standby-power killing system, and sectoral temperature control system.
- Safety through ‘No Body at Home’ mode or ‘High Alert’ mode :
Check the security status of the house in real time with the smart phone.
- The control of the home appliances is supported only for those products that support IoT functionalities.
- The control of the IoT appliances can be supported only when there is a Wi-Fi Internet connection available in the household.
- The content above is for your reference only, and the actual product may differ.