|Address||75, Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea||Website||en.hdec.kr|
|Infrastructure, environmental engineering, plants,
construction, housing, nuclear & electric power plants
- We increase the future value of life with a pioneer
spirit, to go beyond the limits
- As a global integrated engineering firm, Hyundai Engineering & Construction contributes
to building the foundation for civil engineering, architecture, plant, power, offshore and
nuclear power stations, and creates a better foundation for life. We will increase the
future value of life as a catalyst for the convergence of future technology and industry.
- Companion of economic
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (Hyundai E&C) started off as the
Hyundai Civil Works Company, which was established in 1947 by Chung Juyung, the late founder and honorary chairman of
the Hyundai Motor Group.
As Korea’s leading construction
company, it has played a crucial role in
the nation’s land development and economic growth. Since winning the company’s - and the country’s - first overseas contract in 1965 with the
Thailand Pattani Narathiwat Highway project, Hyundai E&C has grown into
a global company that has completed
some 830 construction projects in 59 countries, gaining wide recognition for
its technical excellence and expertise.
- Leading the future of the
smart city business
- In addition, Hyundai E&C is accelerating
its efforts to become a leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, attempting to converge future industries and
construction technologies in various sectors such as infrastructure,
environment and energy. As part of its efforts to prepare for the Fourth
Industrial Revolution, the company independently developed a smart home system (Hi-oT 2.0), while it seeks to
create synergy within the Hyundai Motor Group by planning a Smart City project through a strategic AI road map within
the Group that requires a technological package consisting of IoT based smart homes & cars, future transportation infrastructure, zero energy and resident services, to name a few. Hyundai E&C will continue to secure its position as a major construction player in the future by strengthening its R&D capabilities and technological competitiveness.
- Leader of green growth and
future oriented business management
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction is a globally recognized engineering and construction company. Since it won the nation’s first overseas project in 1965, it has set many milestones around the world and remained at the forefront of the global construction market. It is the nation’s first construction company to have surpassed the 100-billion-dollar mark for winning overseas projects and Asia’s first to have been incorporated in the DJSI World for ten consecutive years. These accomplishments are the results of the company’s unwavering commitment to taking on new challenges and making progress over the past 70 years. Hyundai Engineering & Construction continues to secure new growth engines through business convergence and value chain expansion and focuses its resources on the development of state-of-the-art technologies to drive innovation across all areas of construction, from design to safety.