|Address||75, Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea||Website||en.hdec.kr|
|Infrastructure, environmental engineering, plants,
construction, housing, nuclear & electric power plants
- We increase the future value of life with a pioneer
spirit, to go beyond the limits
- As a global integrated engineering firm, Hyundai Engineering & Construction contributes
to building the foundation for civil engineering, architecture, plant, power, offshore and
nuclear power stations, and creates a better foundation for life. We will increase the
future value of life as a catalyst for the convergence of future technology and industry.
- Companion of economic
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (Hyundai E&C) started off as the
Hyundai Civil Works Company, which was established in 1947 by Chung Juyung, the late founder and honorary chairman of
the Hyundai Motor Group.
As Korea’s leading construction
company, it has played a crucial role in
the nation’s land development and economic growth. Since winning the company’s - and the country’s - first overseas contract in 1965 with the
Thailand Pattani Narathiwat Highway project, Hyundai E&C has grown into
a global company that has completed
some 830 construction projects in 59 countries, gaining wide recognition for
its technical excellence and expertise.
- Leading the future of the
smart city business
- In addition, Hyundai E&C is accelerating
its efforts to become a leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, attempting to converge future industries and
construction technologies in various sectors such as infrastructure,
environment and energy. As part of its efforts to prepare for the Fourth
Industrial Revolution, the company independently developed a smart home system (Hi-oT 2.0), while it seeks to
create synergy within the Hyundai Motor Group by planning a Smart City project through a strategic AI road map within
the Group that requires a technological package consisting of IoT based smart homes & cars, future transportation infrastructure, zero energy and resident services, to name a few. Hyundai E&C will continue to secure its position as a major construction player in the future by strengthening its R&D capabilities and technological competitiveness.
- Leader of green growth and
future oriented business management
- In 2013, Hyundai E&C became the first company in the domestic construction industry to reach US $100 billion in cumulative overseas orders and later an operating profit of one trillion won in 2016, accelerating its efforts to become a global construction leader through continuous change and innovation. Based on these outcomes, Hyundai E&C was ranked 14th in the category of international contractors (on the basis of sales) released by ENR (Engineering News Record), a globally renowned construction news magazine. The company was also included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) for the eighth year in a row and won first place in the World Index’s construction sector for the fifth
Moreover, in November 2016, the company was selected as a member of the ‘Carbon Management Honors Club’ for four consecutive years, which is an award given to outstanding companies through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), further solidifying its position as an advanced construction company of global standard.